So Much to Be Grateful For. Day 10/40Naima Lett | Blog | Saturday March 3 2012
DAILY DOSE OF HOPE – BLOG – NAIMA LETT
So Much to Be Grateful For! | DAY 10 of 40 (LENT)
VIDEO/SONG: So Much to Be Grateful For
Calvin Bridges, Stellar Award winner, (This song makes me happy! How about you?)
Fam, what a week! :=)
As we reflect over our first 10 days of 40, (that’s 25% done), be encouraged!
We’re hearing from you that God is answering prayers and revealing more of Himself in your lives, and providing employment opportunities, and comforting thru sickness, and speaking to you in very clear ways. How awesome is that?!
As we continue to lift our requests in faith, with humble hearts, asking for God’s intervention, He is hearing and answering according to what is best for us.
Oh yeah, and He’s also challenging us and testing us in those areas where we need to grow. Anybody had tests this week that revealed what’s truly in our hearts?! I did! So very grateful for the tests.
Our weekends during LENT are times of reflection and thanksgiving. So, let’s take a moment and reflect on at least 5 things to say “THANK YOU” for this week.
I’ll go first. This week, I’m grateful for:
1. My incredible husband, who stayed steady thru a tough week and still kept us smiling!
2. The best dads ever! My dad & my husband’s. You lead with such grace.
3. God healing a dear friend who has endured many ups and downs with health.
4. Just booked acting gig for couple of days. Always thankful for work.
5. The wonderful core team at Hope in the Hills, our bible fellowship. Phenom!
6. Meeting new artists and professionals who are visiting our bible fellowship. Delight!
7. Dialogue with “drive-by” group in BHills. See Day 9 “No More Beverly Hills Drive-Bys”
8. Praise reports & prayer requests from you as we journey together.This is a privilege.
OK, your turn:
DAY 10: TODAY’S READING
Click and read: PSALM 100
As we read this song of thanksgiving and praise, things in life start looking up, don’t they? We give thanks to God because He really is good and His love really does endure forever and He really is faithful for all generations.
Even when we are not, God is solid, unwavering, steadfast. For that, we can be grateful!
Let’s find reasons to say, “Thank You” this weekend, to God, and to one another. Even if things aren’t exactly the way we want them to be, we’re still here and have a chance to see change happen.
Lots of love your way.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
See you Monday!
Our weekends during our 40-day journey of devotions through LENT season, will be a time of reflection and thanksgiving. Traditionally, during LENT, SUNDAYS are considered mini-celebrations (symbolizing Christ’s resurrection) following FRIDAYS’ special times of fasting (symbolizing His death). Thus, LENT starts on Ash Wednesday and goes for 46 days ending Easter, but the 6 Sundays are excluded, equaling 40 days. We make a sacrifice of something meaningful for the entire 40 days, but Sundays are excluded. So, Saturday, you’ll get a devotional that you can meditate on for the entire weekend. If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks!
1) Confession & Repentance – Let’s confess our wrongs and ask forgiveness
2) Complete transparency – Let our guard down and talk to God about our lives.
3) Listen – Let’s quiet and listen to God’s Spirit re: the scriptures, etc.
4) Intercession for others – Let’s pray for our family, friends, coworkers, church, etc.
SUBSCRIBE to BLOG
Get BLOG via Email
Enter your info: (*required)